Friday, September 5, 2008

Bad news :(


My trainer told me this morning that he has put in his two week notice & that next Saturday will be his last day. His mom has ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) & he needs to help his dad out with her. Although, I'm totally bummed about this & I'm going to miss him a lot, I think he is making the right decision. He is going to keep training at the other place he trains at that is closer to his house & he said that he could get me in over there but it is in the next town over & would be a bit of a drive. He knew I probably wouldn't want to go there since 24 Hr. Fitness is so convenient for me. I told him that actually I didn't think I was going to be able to buy another training package anyway for a while due to the money issue so it would all work out.

Once he leaves, I'll still have several sessions left on my package which will transfer to another trainer. The trainer that I am going to be transferred to is a new girl. I haven't met her yet but I have seen her around a lot & she seems pretty nice. She is also a yoga teacher so maybe she can convince me to try that class out. The time of the class isn't exactly convenient for me but I could work it in.

I'm really going to miss him. He has been with me from the beginning. He has helped me so much & his help & encouragement mean more to me than he will ever know. I think I'm going to give him this blog address so he can keep up with my progress. I would love to keep in touch with him since he has been with me from day one but I don't want to seem like I'm trying to force myself on him. I have the hardest time knowing when people are open to move a relationship from business to one of friendship. I understand people wanting to keep things on a business level & at the same time I'm always afraid that the things I do will look like I'm trying to hit on the other person. Life is so complicated isn't it? And, it certainly doesn't help when I over analyze everything. Anyway, I guess I'll just give him this address & then if he wants to stay in contact, he has that option.

No comments: