Friday, September 12, 2008

4000 Questions: Question #19: What is a special compliment you always received?


Well, since this is in the "childhood" section of my book, I'll have to think. My mom & older adults use to tell me I was pretty but I never believed them since I got made fun of at school & church for being fat. I guess one thing people use to tell me a lot, & I took it as a compliment, was that I was really good with babies & smaller children.

I use to really love kids. I wanted to get married at age 23 & have between 3 - 5 kids by the time I was 28. Oh, yes I had it all figured out, didn't I? Thank God that didn't happen. I'm not dissing anyone who that did happen to I'm just saying that that life is not what I would choose now. I'm single & no kids, and I like it that way.

I wouldn't mind getting married one day but I should start out just trying to get a date first. I mean, I haven't been on a date in about 10 yrs. I know, I know, how sad is my life. But really, with the exception of certain times, I don't feel like I've missed out on much.

Ok, wow, I've really gone off on a whole different type of blog entry, so let me get back to the topic or at least a little back on topic. Kids, ok. Please don't get me wrong. I do still like kids. I don't think I'm quite as smitten by them as I once was but I still like hanging out with them. Having said that, I really, at this point in my life, don't want kids. Maybe one day I'll change my mind, but for now, no.

If I do ever decide to have kids, I think I will opt for adoption. I'm working too hard on this body to mess it up with having a child. Just kidding, that is the joking answer. The real answer to why I would choose adoption is, 1. the pain of labor. No thanks, I'm not a fan of pain & don't think I could handle that. Yikes. And, 2. there are too many children out there that need good homes, not to mention overpopulation. Bringing children into this world is a life time commitment full of joy & heartache and lots & lots of responsibility. I just don't know if I'm up for that at this point in my life. I enjoy being carefree &, comparatively, responsibility-free, &, yes, selfish.

I know my mom really wants grandchildren & I would love to see my parents as grandparents. They would be great at being grandparents but that is not a reason to have kids, right? If God blesses me with that responsibility, that is one thing but, until then, I'll just enjoy my "footloose & fancy free" life.

Ok, so once again I have gotten way off topic but that is kind of my objective with this. I'm basically using this book just to practice my writing, get in the habit of writing every day, & as a kind of guide to journal. I've never been very good about keeping a journal or diary, so maybe this will help. I know, psychologically, journaling on a consistent basis is supposed to help, so that would bee great too. So, if you get anything out of this or enjoy it in the slightest, that is just a bonus.

No comments: