Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2008 Presidential Election: McCain ads & GOP Convention videos

This first video I think was pretty good. Just watch.







This next video surprised the heck out of me. My eyebrows rose in surprise at Obama's first statement, then rose again, & again. I didn't know my eyebrows would get that high. I cannot believe he said these things. I'm sure he did not mean them the way they sounded but, "Hello, your a politician. You can't say things like that & not expect them to bite you in the butt." (FYI, if you didn't watch Palin's speech at the GOP Convention, you may not understand why this video is so shocking.)




Here is an article that discusses the above video & comments by Obama.
Obama accuses McCain camp of lies, phony outrage

There were a couple of parts of the article that surprised me too. At one point, Obama is quoted saying, "I don't care what they say about me. But I love this country too much to let them take over another election with lies and phony outrage and Swift-boat politics. Enough is enough."

"Another election?" Of course, I'm not a complete idiot. I know what he is referring to but this just makes him look like a conspiracy theorist. Drop it. Move on.

In the article, Obama is also quoted as saying, "What their campaign has done this morning is the same game that has made people sick and tired of politics in this country. They seize on an innocent remark, try to take it out of context, throw up an outrageous ad because they know that it's catnip for the news media."

I'm sorry but I totally disagree with his statement. What has made people "sick & tired of politics in this country" is being lied to & promised extravagant "changes" & then not following through.

I know I don't speak for everyone but I totally believe the last thing we need is more "change." "Change," sometimes referred to as progress, has led us to where we are today. Morally declining into a puddle of putrid pus. (How did you like that description?) What we need is to go back. Go back to the founding of this nation & find out what our fore fathers were trying to accomplish through this nation. Go back to biblical values & morals. Return to a time when God was our leader not self.

Obama was later quoted, "This whole thing about lipstick, nobody actually believes that these folks are offended. Oh, we're shocked. Everybody knows it's cynical, everybody knows it's insincere."

Well, Mr. Obama, I, for one, was very offended by the lipstick remark. It seems like to me the only cynicism & insincerity right now is coming from you. Like I said before, how could he make such a remark, especially after her speech, & not expect to be attacked for it?

While Obama was getting all the attention, he was being portrayed as this "nice guy" with "new" & "fresh" ideas, but as soon as Palin stepped onto the scene & energized the Republican party & threatened this "nice little world" he was in, Obama has turned into this totally different person. Even the media, that seemed so "in love" with Obama, appears to be loosing some of it's infatuation & passion for him.

Just some of my thoughts. Take 'em or leave 'em.









And here are a couple from the GOP Convention that I liked. If you watched it, you can just ignore these. You can ignore them even if you didn't watch it. Either way, I don't care. I just thought I would offer them in case any of you are interested in them.


























No comments: