Friday, September 19, 2008

4000 Questions: Question #26: What about being a child do you miss the most?


Ah, easy, no responsibilities. No bills, no job, no worrying about money, etc... If I didn't wash the dishes, mom did it. If I didn't wash my clothes, mom did it. If I didn't make dinner, mom did it. If I didn't put gas in the car, dad did it. If the toilet or tub stopped up, dad fixed it. If something broke, dad fixed it. If there was a need, the parents filled it. If I needed something, I didn't have to budget it out, it just magically appeared. I didn't have to go to work, I just sat at a desk all day pretending to listen to a teacher drone on about some war, or verbs, or equations, or some acid that might blow up the room, boring stuff like that.

After getting out into the "real" world, you really realize how much you love school & learning. :)

With a few exceptions, I had a great childhood. I, like most people, took it all for granted.

I read something once talking about how this person who wrote this said he would have developed the progression of life opposite of what it is now. You would start off in a retirement home getting the aches & pains out of the way first, then work for a few years, then truly enjoy childhood, then end his days floating around in a "hot tub." Kind of funny, huh?

Summers, holidays, weekends, & "snow" days were pretty great too, weren't they?

No comments: