Monday, August 11, 2008

How I Became An H2O Addict


I hated water. It had not flavor. It never quinched my thirst. And it made me nauseous. I never drank sodas much, just mainly tea & Crystal Light but the desire for plain H2O alluded me.

When I decided to loose weight & get healthy I knew I would have to drink water plain & boring with no flavors, lemon, or sweetners added. I knew I had to come up with a plan. I knew that if I couldn't successfully conquer this smaller hurdle I would never be able to do something more difficult like stick to an exercise regemine.

I decided to come up with three rules.


  1. Drink 64 oz of water each day.

  2. If I wanted something else, I had to drink all my 64 oz first.

  3. If I still wanted something else, I had to match what ever amount with the same amount in water afterwards. For example, if I had 8 oz of Crystal Light then I had to drink another 8 oz of water (that is all in addition to the 64 oz of water I had already, supposedly, drank).

I stuck to these rules & usually never wanted anything else after my 64 oz of water. Now, I love water. I'm addicted to it. Other than my protein shakes & occasional glass of juice, it is pretty much all I drink. I've added Diet Coke & Fuze to my list of things I drink but it usually takes me several hours to several days just to drink one. Even then, I have to drink it with a glass or two of water. They are just too sweet.


This was one of those dieting stipulations I was never able to stick to yet here I am, for the first time, sticking to it. Now, I have to go fill my jug. Later.

2 comments:

W2b said...

I love water it is yummy!

Anonymous said...

well I'm with you on the dont like water
but maybe Ill try your plan!