Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hillarious thread on leave of absence

First off I would like to say that I am not a fan of swearing/cursing. I have a bad habit of saying a few of them but that is another bad habit I am working on breaking. Having said that, I do not do the hard core swearing, for example the "F" word. I think swearing is a sign of a simple mind (that was quote I read somewhere by someone but I can't remember, if you know it, please let me know in the comments) & a lack of creativity. All that said, I am learning internet abreviations in which many of them include some of these words. If you try to modify them to words in a more "PG" rating people think either you can't spell worth a hoot or you are having some sort of fit. For example, LMAO is a commonly used phrase meaning "laughing my a** off." I have one friend who uses LMBO (laughing my butt off)(which I totally like better), but unless you know that is what she is using you would wonder what the heck she was talking about. This brings me to, WTF. Most of you probably know what this stands for, but in case you don't it stands for "What the f(word)?" Personally, I would use WTH (What the heck?) but my opinion was not considered while writing the internet shorthand dictionary.

So, why is Kristy going on about this? Get to the point, Kristy. Okay, fine. I found a hilarious thread on a forum of a site called The Daily WTF. The thread was entitled Please specify your reason for absence... Basically, this guy works at a place that just installed some software for requesting time off & he must select a reason. He lists all the reasons they give & most are quite hilarious. I encourage you to read at least most of the responses to his post. I think the some of the responses are even better.

No comments: