Sunday, August 24, 2008

4000 Questions: Question #7: Talk about a time when you got into trouble at school.


Question #7: Talk about a time when you got into trouble at school.

I don't really remember getting into much trouble at school. Usually it was after school. My mom was a teacher & so we would stay late after school a lot. She sent my sister out to get me one time & I told her, "Oh, she never leaves when she says she will." and something to the measure of she would come get me herself when she was really ready. Amazingly enough, she was not thrilled with my attitude. I actually got the school paddle for that one. :)

I never liked doing my homework much & for some reason my 3rd teacher didn't think to tell my mom. I guess she thought she could handle it herself. And, boy did she. She scared the fire out of me (to use a Southern expression). She took me out into the hall & shook her finger at me & gave me "the what for" (another expression that cracks me up).

There was also an incident once with another "teacher" when I was in either 1st or 2nd grade. She thought a group of us were yelling at her. She happened to be a bit older & kept asking us "what?" so what else were we supposed to do? Still, to this day, I'm not really sure what exactly happened or why exactly we got into trouble. Oh, well, it really wasn't that big of a deal.

I also remember in 3rd grade having to stay in from recess to copy out of the encyclopedia as a punishment for something (probably not doing my homework, again...probably before the big speech in the hallway). I actually remember loving it. That was about the time I was beginning to get teased & so I got to avoid that & learn something cool at the same time.

In high school, I got sent to the office to get a tardy slip because I was scooting my desk up some when the bell rang & my teacher said that since I was not fully seated in my chair then I was late. She was a real piece of work. Another girl, Julie (another student who never got into trouble), was sharpening her pencil so we both had to go to the office. That was a hilarious sight for sure, I imagine. The two least likely in the school to get into trouble having to go to the office. Haha. Man, I couldn't stand that teacher.

Other than that, I don't remember much else. Like I've said before, I was a bit of a goody-two-shoes. I guess I still am a bit. I was always terrified of having to go sit out in the hallway or being sent to the Principal's office. I was also afraid of being in trouble at church & being sent to the preacher's office. I guess I saw him as a kind of principal of the church. :)

No comments: