Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"Make My Day"

Two things really made my day today. First, I kicked my butt at the gym today. I arrived about 20 min early (I meant to be there 30 min early but that didn't work out) so I could get some of my cardio in before my work out with my trainer. I had to use a different elliptical machine today (one with the swinging arm poles) because all the others were taken. I didn't think it would be that bad so I put it on "cross country" mode & went at it. Then the resistance jumped up. Now, until today I usually use only a resistance of 1 or 2 but I've been trying to work myself up to 3 & 4. When I do "interval training" mode I do get up to a resistance of 8 for about 4 min at a time & it really kicks me in the butt. However, this one jumped up to a resistance of 10 right away & continued to increase up to a resistance of 20! Holy crap! I didn't think I would make it. I never thought getting to a resistance of 10 would be the "easy" level. Toward the end it jumped back up to 20. I didn't think I could do it but right before it jumped up, I was like, "yes I can, I can do this." When it gets really hard for me I have been doing a little something most people would probably think is crazy but it works for me & I really believe it is what is happening too. I imagine Jesus standing right in front of the elliptical cheering me on. I didn't think I could finish it but I did. I got off & thought, I will never do something so evil to my body again. But, after a few min. I decided I probably would do it again sometime. Well, after my work out with my trainer I went & got back on that thing for another 20 mins. This time I tried the "hill climbing" mode. Again, it kicked my butt. But I did it. I succeeded. I conquered the hill.

The second thing that "made my day" was also at the gym. While I was doing the cool down on my first experiment with the new elliptical I saw one of my coworkers go over & talk to my trainer. After I got off I walked over to my trainer & he said, "I just me another one of your coworkers." I said, "Was that ____? I thought that was her." Then he said, "What, do they only hire good looking people there?" At this point I kind of stopped in my tracks. I wasn't really sure what he was saying. Was he saying he thought I was good looking? Surely not. There is no way someone as hot as him would ever think I was "good looking." I kind of mumbled some sort of incoherent agreement that the girl he had just met was quite beautiful. The he says, "Yeah, I mean, there is you, & ____, & now her." I was completely shaken. He did say I was pretty. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't for a second think that he is coming on to me or flirting with me or anything like that. We are just friends, really less than that, I'm his client. But it really made me feel good.

I love my gym.

No comments: