Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sauteed Alaskan Cod in Spicy Lemon Butter Sauce





This is the original recipe:


4 T butter, divided
2 Cod fillets (4-6 oz) (frozen or thawed)
Salt & pepper to taste
1 T of fresh lemon juice
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 T snipped chives

Melt 2 T butter in a large nonstick skillet over med. heat. Rinse any ice glaze from the frozen cod fillet under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Saute 6 min. per side for frozen fillets (varies by thickness) or 3 min per side for thawed fish, turning once. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout. Season fillets with salt & pepper. Remove fillets from skillet; keep warm. Wipe out pan, if necessary. Add remaining ingredients & heat thoroughly. Spoon sauce over fish to serve. (http://www.cookitfrozen.com for more recipes)

How I did it for this recipe:

Cooked cod same as above only omitted butter for a non-stick spray. Then I only used 1 T of butter (I could have probably used less), lemon juice (I didn't measure, I just squeezed all I could out of a lemon), lemon zest (again, I didn't measure, I just did as much as I wanted), & cayenne pepper (didn't measure, just guessed). I didn't use chives because I didn't have any & I'm not a big fan of the anyway but, if you like them, go for it.

Nutritional values my way for 1 whole fillet
Calories: 190
Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 15 g

No comments: