Friday, February 27, 2009

Some Things I've Done & Not Done In My Life

Okay, so I wasn't exactly "tagged," but Molly was on her blog so I thought I would do it too, since it is 1 am & I can't sleep. Maybe I'll bore myself to sleep. :)

Some Things I’ve Done & Not Done in My Life

  • Started your own blog - obviously
  • Slept under the stars - In a tent but not out in the open.
  • Played in a band - I was in marching band/orchestra for 5 horrible years
  • Been to Disneyland/world - Disney World, yes, like 8 or 9 times; Disneyland, no
  • Climbed a mountain - I've hiked up a couple but nothing that required any special gear
  • Sang a solo - I think I had a short solo in a Christmas play once, other than that, only in the car & at home...ooo, & with Rock Band
  • Taught yourself an art from scratch - I don't really know what that means.
  • Held a praying mantis - I thought this was referring to some obscure & difficult yoga position at first. But no, I don't care much for insects.
  • Had a pillow fight - I guess, but I never really got the attraction to them.
  • Taking an overnight train - No, just the Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
  • Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Once when I was in elementary or Jr. High (I can't remember now). I did wake up that morning not feeling well but I was fine by the time I should have been leaving for school. I still feel guilty about that today, how messed up is that?
  • Built a snow fort - Living in TX, we never got that much snow. We have made a couple of snow men before, though.
  • Gone skinny dipping - Uh, no, ick.
  • Seen a total eclipse - Kind of. They told us not to look directly at it or we would go blind (I'm not so sure that is true, though) so we had to use these stupid box things with a pin hole that never work right.
  • Watched a sunrise or sunset - Tons, yes. In fact, I see a sunrise just about every morning as I leave work (leave work, not leave "for" work).
  • Seen Niagara Falls in Person - No, but I would like to.
  • Seen an Amish community - No, but I really want to. I would love to live with them for a week or two but they probably wouldn't agree or appreciate that.
  • Taught yourself a new language - I'm learning internet lingo.
  • Gone rock climbing - No, but that is definitely one of my fitness goals. I would like to go at least once before the year is out. I have an REI membership now, so maybe Kim & I will go sometime before she leaves for AK
  • Sung karaoke - Does Rock Band count?
  • Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - No, that would be nice though, maybe I'll do that sometime.
  • Walked on a beach by moonlight - No, but I would love to. But I'm not getting in the water; I've seen Jaws.
  • Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - Kim & I went snorkeling in Mexico when we were on our cruise & Kim tried to drown me. The waves were really bad that day, in fact, after we got out, they quit letting any one else go out. We didn't really see much & I kept pictureing sharks swimming around. I scuba dived once in my aunt's pool when I was 15 & it was so cool. I really want to get my certification & then head to the Caymens or Austrailia or Hawaii or some place equally cool for diving.
  • Played in the mud - Sure, I grew up in the country, remember? We use to make mud pies all the time.
  • Gone to a drive-in theater - Yep, in Fayetteville, several times. Love it.
  • Started a business - No, too much work.
  • Served at a soup kitchen - No, & I feel guilty about this too.
  • Gotten flowers for no reason - I don't think so. At least I can't think of a time, right now at 1:45 am.
  • Donated blood, platelets or plasma - I've given blood several times but never platelets or plasma.
  • Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - No, but I really want to & so does my Dad & sister. Mom doesn't because she doesn't like to think about what happened there. I don't blame her but I'm a huge history buff, especially WWII stuff (probably because both of my grandfathers fought in WWII). I guess we could just drop her off at a spa on the way or something.
  • Saved a favorite childhood toy - I have a ton of my childhood toys. I still have every Barbie I ever had (around 20 or so), tons of stuffed animals, 4 Cabbage Patch dolls, Little People (including the airport & zoo), & loads of others. All still at my parents house. My poor parents.
  • Visited the Lincoln Memorial - Yes, 3 or 4 times. I love D.C.
  • Eaten Caviar - No, but I'd like to try it. I hear it is salty, so I'll probably love it.
  • Stood in Times Square - Nope, I've never been to NYC. I've had the chance to go a couple of times but never really cared to. However, I now have a couple of e-friends that live in that area so I may go one of these days.
  • Broken a bone - I cracked my finger in a folding chair when I was really young but they didn't do anything about it. I don't even thing they splinted it so, knowing what I know now, I really question whether I broke it or not.
  • Been on a speeding motorcycle - No, Missy wheeled me around Grandma's yard once when I was really little but, to be honest, I really don't know if the motor was even running.
  • Had your picture in the newspaper - Yeah, my sis & I were in the paper when we were little & had participated in a rock painting class part of out local library's summer kids program. Also, we found a balloon once in our yard with a note attached & that made the paper too. We lived in a very small town.
  • Read the entire Bible -Working on it. I'm almost through the OT & I am about to start Mark in the NT. I've been reading fairly consistently for about 3.5 years now. I know that seems like a long time to only come such a short distance but I'm a slow reader & I'm trying to take my time. There is no need to speed through it. It isn't a race or some task I can check off my "Am I Holy" list.
  • Visited the White House - Yep, twice, it was pretty cool but I remember thinking the decor was in serious need of updateing. I wasn't much for tradition back then.
  • Killed and prepared my own meat -Kind of. Our family goes trout fishing every year. I usually catch a fish or two but I have not yet brought myself to cleaning them. I can cook fish (usually frozen cod from the grocery store) but Uncle Randy usually does that part.
  • Had chickenpox - Yep.
  • Sat on a jury - No, I was called for jury duty once but I was in college & a family friend got me out of it. Thank God, because if I had to miss school, they would not forgive it & I would have had to repeat at least one semester if not the entire year. :P
  • Met someone famous - Not really.
  • Joined a book club - LOL, Molly mentioned "Book It." I had totally forgotten about that. I have been a part of church small groups that go through some book, so I guess I have.
  • Lost a loved one - Sure.
  • Owned a cell phone - Yep.
  • Been stung by a bee - A yellow jacket, yes, but, those are really wasps.
  • Bungee jumped- No, I'm not sure I could do that. I would like to sky dive someday, though.
  • Visited Paris- No.
  • Watched a lightning storm at sea- Nope, I bet that would be cool but super scarey, though.
  • Adopted a child- No. If I ever decided to have kids, though, I will certainly consider adoption. I'm not one for much pain, among other reasons.
  • Had food poisoning - I've never been diagnosed with it but I suspect almost anyone has had food poisoning at some point in their life.
  • Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- No, but I would like to visit Elis Island. My grandfather's family came here that way. :)
  • Seen the Mona Lisa in France- No, but that would be cool.
  • Hitchhiked- No.
  • Held a lamb- no.
  • Been to a Broadway show in NY- Nope, never been to NY
  • Ran a Marathon- Not yet. I really don't know if I'll ever care to go that far. I want to do a 5K sometime this year & would love to do a sprint triatlon this fall but I'm not sure I'll be far enough along in my swimming by then. Swimming is the most dangerous part of a triathlon & I've never swam that far & have done very little swimming in the last 10 years & have never swam in open water, so I have a long way to go. I love being a member of 24 Hr. Fitness but the pool just is not adequate for that kind of training so I may have to find another gym when I finally get serious about the swimming portion. Right now I'm concentrating mainly on the running. I'm going to start working on the biking tomorrow, hopefully, with a short ride. I'm aiming to start doing some city rides starting in April or May. eek. :)
  • Been in three states at once - 4 actually. Kim & I went to Four Corners Monument & took tons of pictures in 4 states at once (CO, UT, AZ, & NM)
  • Ridden in a gondola in Venice- No but I really, really want to.
  • Hit a home run- I don't think so. I was never very good at sports.
  • Been on a Cruise- Once, it was fun but kind of boring. I probably won't go again.
  • Visited the birthplace of your Ancestors - Depends on how far back you want to go. My grandparents? Some. My great-grandparents? No
  • Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- No, but I would like to.
  • Seen Michelangelo’s David- No, but I would like to.
  • Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - Yep. I love Yellowstone Nat. Park.
  • Visited Africa- No, but I really, really want to.
  • Been transported in an ambulance- No
  • Gone deep sea fishing- No
  • Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- No, but, again, I want to.
  • Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- no
  • Kissed in the rain- I don't think so. It has be so long, who knows?
  • Been to Grace Kelley’s grave in Monaco- Oh, yeah, I just sail down there all the time in my yacht.
  • Visited the Great Wall of China- No, but I want to (reoccuring response)
  • Taken a martial arts class- I took one class in college & dropped out.
  • Swam in the Mediterranean Sea- Guess my response.
  • Visited Russia- Want to.
  • Sold Girl Scout cookies- no.
  • Gone whale watching - No, but I've been dolphin watching.
  • Gone sky diving- Want to.
  • Bounced a check- Not really. I had set up my bank to automatically draw out of my savings to cover any checks should I get a bit low before I had the chance to move it myself. But then the bank merged with another bank & among other problems I had with them, they allowed one of my checks not to be covered. Luckily it was to a friend & she knew that was not like me. I was irate & called the bank right away. They fixed the problem but still, I do not trust this bank.
  • Pieced a quilt -no.
  • Toured the Everglades- No
  • Been fired from a job - No
  • Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - So want to.
  • Seen the Grand Canyon in person - No, want to.
  • Published a book- Not yet.
  • Visited the Vatican- Totally want to.
  • Bought a brand new car- Yep.
  • Walked in Jerusalem- No, but that is near the top of my list.
  • Saved someone’s life - Not that I'm aware of. I've done CPR on patients in the hospital but they didn't make it.
  • Had a baby - No
  • Seen the Alamo in person - Yeah, several times.
  • Swam in the Great Salt Lake- no
  • Been involved in a law suit- Not exactly. I was interviewed once by a lawyer over a case but I don't think anyone ever filed a lawsuit. I think they were just trying to "get all their ducks in a row" in case the incident went to court. That has been a couple of years now, so I guess nothing ever came of it.

Well, that took forever, but I am sufficiently tired now. So, I'm going to grab a snack & head to bed. 'Night.

No comments: