Thursday, October 2, 2008

4000 Questions: Question #38: What is something you often did on Sundays?


I didn't answer this question yesterday because I felt kind of yucky & I was really tired. I ended up going to bed at 9:30 am & sleeping until about 8:45 pm. Yeah, I was a little sleep deprived. So, I guess I'll have to answer 2 questions today.

Ok, so what did I do on Sundays as a kid? Well, first there was Sunday school, then there was "big" church.

Afterward, we usually went to Granny's for lunch. Every once in awhile we would have lunch at our house or go out to eat, but it was usually at Granny's. Then we would go home. Mom & Dad usually took a nap while Kim & I either played or watched TV. As we got into high school we started taking naps too.

Then, it was back to church for evening class & another helping of "big" church. Evening church was more relaxed. There were less people there & I didn't have to wear a dress (very exciting for me).

After church, we would usually head off to the Front Street Junction in DeKalb with a few other people in church or we would head home. If we headed home it was usually "fend for yourself for dinner" or make a sandwich or have left overs. I usually nuked me a plate of Bagel Bites & headed to my room to watch Sea Quest & Earth 2 while trying to finish my homework. Then, it was off to bed by 10 pm so we would be "bright eyed & bushy tailed" for school the next morning. (I don't think I've ever been "bright eyed & bushy tailed" for several hours after waking up. Kim was the morning person....so annoying.)

I never cared much for Sundays. It was always depressing knowing I had to go to school the next day. Not to mention having to get up before noon, put on a dress, & sit for an entire hour listening to some boring guy tell me stuff I already knew. "I mean, I was pretty much born in the church, how much closer to God do you want me to get? Funny how you view things differently as a child than you do as an adult. :)"

No comments: