Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Waiting


Waiting. This has to be one of the most difficult trials to go through in life.

I am sitting here right now waiting for a call. A call that may or may not be made. My boss is waiting for a fax. I call the people who I have asked to call me. I am transferred. Ring....ring....ring....voice mail. Ugh! I've already left 2 messages & sent one email & one fax, yet, I still sit here waiting.

What am I waiting for?

Well, most of you probably already know by now for all of the calls I have sent out for prayer via Facebook, phone calls, YouTube, word of mouth. The licenseure that is required for me to keep a job is going to expire tomorrow. Yesterday I found out they had not received some of the paperwork required, so I faxed it yesterday. This morning my boss called to tell me another piece was missing. I faxed that this morning. I have been trying to call the people all day to talk to the main person over the licenses, to at least verify she has received my paperwork & it is all she needs now but all I keep getting is her voice mail & another lady who told me to call back after lunch, at about 4 pm. (What?! How long are their lunch breaks?) So, I called at 1pm & 2:20 pm. I'm going to try again at 3 pm but I have to go to bed sometime. I'm so stressed though that I don't know if I can sleep.

According to the rules on their website they should have everything now but I'm still scared & my boss has to have a fax or printout or something in hardcopy form by Sunday night in order for me to continue to work. I'm hoping that they will be compassionate enough to fax my boss verification.

How could this happen? Why is this happening?

I know some bits of the answers to those questions & I know that I am partly to blame for this situation but it doesn't help this anxiety.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer & supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. -- Philippian 4:6-7

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. -- Psalm 55:22

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. -- Jeremiah 33:3

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -- Isaiah 41:10a

We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. -- Romans 8:28

The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him. -- Nahum 1:7

I will be glad & rejoice in Your mercy, for You have considered my trouble; You have known my sould in adversities. -- Salm 121:1-2


It has been a bad couple of days. Please pray for me as I walk through this "valley of the shadow of death." For it is just that, a shadow, soon I will see the radiant Son again.

Well, I just called them. They have everything but it hasn't been reviewed yet. They told me probably today or tomorrow.

I have a headache. I'm only going to get about 5 hrs of sleep (that is if the bad storms that are blowing in don't wake me up) but that is okay, I've survived on less. I'm going to take a quick, hot shower to relax & go to bed.

Please continue to pray that from here on out everything goes through smoothly & quickly & that they will fax my boss or at least up date the website.

No comments: