Sunday, December 14, 2008

Maybe a gain? Eek!

I am so scared to weigh tonight. I'm afraid I may have gained a few pounds.

I worked out 3 days this week (one of them being crazy weight training). I didn't really track my calories well this week but I'm fairly certain I didn't go over by too much & certainly not into the "gaining weight" zone. The only bad thing that happened this week was Saturday I went out for a big breakfast with my sis & a friend, then later that day we went out for sandwiches but they weren't crazy bad sandwiches. I also went out to eat with them the night before but I got grilled chicken & salad, so that couldn't have been that bad.

I weighed myself tonight on my home scale (which tends to be pretty close but can vary a bit so I don't really trust it) & it says that I've gained close to 3 lbs. What the crap?! That would be 10,500 extra calories this week. That is quite a bit. I think I would have noticed that many extra calories.

I'm thinking if I did gain, it is probably just water weight from the weekend & strength training cause you to retain water. I'm hoping that's all it is. If I step on the scales tonight & don't like what I see, I may wait & reweigh tomorrow night. Sometimes I do that if I think I've gained a lot of water weight over the weekend. It gives me an extra day to rehydrate. Many times it is a huge difference.

Well, I guess we'll see. Eek!

No comments: