Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bragging Session


Sometimes I amaze myself. Hehe.

After my video yesterday where I stated I was back at it (exercise-wise), I seemed to have spoken too soon. After work today, I did not feel like going to the gym. It was cold. I had a meeting at 2pm. And, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do at the gym. Swim? No, too cold. Stairmaster? No, boring. Stationary bike? No, boring. Try the spinning class? Maybe, but I didn't know when the class started. I actually wanted to run again but I'm really not supposed to run two days in a row &, besides, my quads are a bit sore today. Nope, I just didn't want to go. I started feeling guilty but guilt has never been a good motivator for me. The guiltier I feel, it seems like the more stubborn & adamant I am.

So, wow, doesn't that look good. Miss. Motivator can't even get her lazy butt into the gym for two days in a row. I was even trying to figure out how I could make that sound less wussy on my weekly update video next week.

As I was trying to ignore my conscious & devour a bowl of soup, I was watching other YouTube videos. I got to Jason & Amber's work out video. They went to the gym together & worked out. At the end, they showed themselves on the stairmaster. After I finished watching that video, I wanted to go too. I decided to jump at the sudden motivation & not wait for it to sneak away again, so I immediately changed clothes, grabbed my MP3 player & some water, threw on my jacket & shot out of the door. I threw my jacket & bag in a locker & headed for the floor with my water, my MP3 player, & a piece of paper & a pen. Before I had left the apartment, I had written down some basic strength exercises I wanted to do. I didn't expect to do them all & I couldn't remember what weights I had been using when I was with my trainers but I thought, "This is what today will be for, finding what weights I feel comfortable starting with."

My last trainer, Leigh, taught me to do some bit of cardio for at least 5 min just to get my heart rate up so I'm burning more calories while I'm working out with weights. So, I ascended the stairmaster & climbed for 10 min. I could have gone longer but I didn't want to wear myself out right away. After that I headed to the weights & here is what I did:
  • Inclined (30-40 degree incline) sit ups -- 10
  • Inclined crunches -- 2 sets of 20
  • Chair (I'm not sure what it is called) crunches -- 2 sets of 10 @ 10 lbs
  • Ab Roller obliques -- 2 sets of 15 per side
  • Back extensions -- 2 sets of 15
  • Shoulder press -- 2 sets of 20 @ 20 lbs
  • Chest press -- 2 sets of 15 @ 15 lbs
  • Tricep pull downs -- 1 set of 15 @ 40 lbs & 1 set of 15 @ 35 lbs
  • Seated leg extensions -- 2 sets of 20 @ 20 lbs per leg
  • Seated leg curls -- 2 sets of 20 @ 40 lbs
  • Seated hip adductions -- 2 sets of 20 @ 55 lbs
  • Seated hip abductions -- 2 sets of 20 @ 40 lbs
  • Leg press -- 1 set of 20 @ 110 lbs & 1 set of 20 @ 130 lbs
  • Calf raises -- 2 sets of 15 @ 90 lbs
  • Seated rows -- 2 sets of 20 @ 50 lbs
After that, I hopped on the elliptical for 25 min. Then I went over to this weird contraption that is supposed to help you get a deeper stretch but I think it is either a piece of crap or I was on a broken one or both.

All of that took me approximately 2 hrs. Oh my goodness! Two hours?! I worked out for 2 hrs?! Who would have ever thought? LOL

The elliptical & stairmaster alone burned about 400 calories & there is no telling how many I burned while strength training. This is very good since this was only my 2nd day of working out this week & I had some chocolate & 2 cookies last night at work but who cares? I certainly worked them off today.

I made a video discussing pretty much everything I said here but if you want to watch it, knock yourself out. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Crap! Sorry Sparky but I accidentally rejected your comment. I did read it & I appreciate it so much. It is hard getting back into the swing of things but it isn't impossible. Look how far we've all come. :)

jinxxxygirl said...

Yeah Kris tea !!!

You did a great job getting motivated. I know sometimes it is sooo hard getting out the door. Those are the times i miss having a partner in crime. Someone you help when your feeling upbeat and motivated and someone to grab you by the hand and pull you when you need it. Glad you found help on YouTube. They help me too. Your really doing great! Everyday is a new challenge and we gotta meet it head on! Deb

Unknown said...

Thanks, jinxxxygirl.

I wish I had a workout partner for strength training. I have always rather worked out alone but it is nice to have someone cheer you along when you're lifting weights, also to spot you when using free weights...maybe I'll have to ask one of those handsome men for some "help." Hehe (At least that was one suggestion by one of my YT viewers.)

I love the YT community. There can be a lot of drama at times on there but I try to stay out of that. They have helped me so much.