Sometimes I amaze myself. Hehe.
After my video yesterday where I stated I was back at it (exercise-wise), I seemed to have spoken too soon. After work today, I did not feel like going to the gym. It was cold. I had a meeting at 2pm. And, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do at the gym. Swim? No, too cold. Stairmaster? No, boring. Stationary bike? No, boring. Try the spinning class? Maybe, but I didn't know when the class started. I actually wanted to run again but I'm really not supposed to run two days in a row &, besides, my quads are a bit sore today. Nope, I just didn't want to go. I started feeling guilty but guilt has never been a good motivator for me. The guiltier I feel, it seems like the more stubborn & adamant I am.
So, wow, doesn't that look good. Miss. Motivator can't even get her lazy butt into the gym for two days in a row. I was even trying to figure out how I could make that sound less wussy on my weekly update video next week.
As I was trying to ignore my conscious & devour a bowl of soup, I was watching other YouTube videos. I got to Jason & Amber's work out video. They went to the gym together & worked out. At the end, they showed themselves on the stairmaster. After I finished watching that video, I wanted to go too. I decided to jump at the sudden motivation & not wait for it to sneak away again, so I immediately changed clothes, grabbed my MP3 player & some water, threw on my jacket & shot out of the door. I threw my jacket & bag in a locker & headed for the floor with my water, my MP3 player, & a piece of paper & a pen. Before I had left the apartment, I had written down some basic strength exercises I wanted to do. I didn't expect to do them all & I couldn't remember what weights I had been using when I was with my trainers but I thought, "This is what today will be for, finding what weights I feel comfortable starting with."
My last trainer, Leigh, taught me to do some bit of cardio for at least 5 min just to get my heart rate up so I'm burning more calories while I'm working out with weights. So, I ascended the stairmaster & climbed for 10 min. I could have gone longer but I didn't want to wear myself out right away. After that I headed to the weights & here is what I did:
- Inclined (30-40 degree incline) sit ups -- 10
- Inclined crunches -- 2 sets of 20
- Chair (I'm not sure what it is called) crunches -- 2 sets of 10 @ 10 lbs
- Ab Roller obliques -- 2 sets of 15 per side
- Back extensions -- 2 sets of 15
- Shoulder press -- 2 sets of 20 @ 20 lbs
- Chest press -- 2 sets of 15 @ 15 lbs
- Tricep pull downs -- 1 set of 15 @ 40 lbs & 1 set of 15 @ 35 lbs
- Seated leg extensions -- 2 sets of 20 @ 20 lbs per leg
- Seated leg curls -- 2 sets of 20 @ 40 lbs
- Seated hip adductions -- 2 sets of 20 @ 55 lbs
- Seated hip abductions -- 2 sets of 20 @ 40 lbs
- Leg press -- 1 set of 20 @ 110 lbs & 1 set of 20 @ 130 lbs
- Calf raises -- 2 sets of 15 @ 90 lbs
- Seated rows -- 2 sets of 20 @ 50 lbs
All of that took me approximately 2 hrs. Oh my goodness! Two hours?! I worked out for 2 hrs?! Who would have ever thought? LOL
The elliptical & stairmaster alone burned about 400 calories & there is no telling how many I burned while strength training. This is very good since this was only my 2nd day of working out this week & I had some chocolate & 2 cookies last night at work but who cares? I certainly worked them off today.
I made a video discussing pretty much everything I said here but if you want to watch it, knock yourself out. :)