Thursday, June 11, 2009

2009 Tornado

In case you haven't heard, my town was hit by a tornado last night before I went in to work. Apparently, from what I have heard from a couple of reports, the tornado pretty much touched down at the intersection where my apartment complex lies. From what I have seen driving through my town, our apartment complex seems to have gotten pretty much the worst of it. In fact, my coworker & I were watching the news this morning & I looked up to see that my apartment complex was on the screen & they were talking about all the damage. I was quite lucky. I did not sustain any damage. Even my car came out unscathed despite the metal covering pealing away during the storm. The next town over also seems to have had quite a bit of damage but I haven't driven through it yet. The streets aren't exactly safe right now with downed power lines, debris everywhere, & clean up crews driving huge trucks.

Here are some pictures I took this morning of the damage. I can hear chain saws just outside my door as I write this. I've very glad I don't have to go into work tonight. :)



Apparently, these storms, or at least the rain, is supposed to last all day today & part of tomorrow. Yep...here it is now...raining again. Granted, I do love the rain, so I am enjoying this but I do feel quite bad for those who have holes in the roofs & those crews that are out there trying to clean up the mess. Pray for the safety of those out there cleaning up all this & pray for those who have suffered damage.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Whoa! Scary stuff! Glad you're ok.

jinxxxygirl said...

So glad your Okay Kristea! Wow! What a close call. We live just on the edge of 'tornado alley'. So we always have one eye to the sky in a storm. We had scary stuff back in 1995. But nothing that bad since. Take care. Jinx!

Unknown said...

Thanks. Of course now, they are saying "no confirmed tornadoes" but there are loads of pictures being posted with funnel clouds in them so I'm not sure what there issue is. :)