Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Things I want to do in the next 12 months.


Ok. So I just started thinking about this like 2 min ago. Some show was on the TV here at work about some people going for a rafting trip & I thought, "I so want to do that." As I mentally added that to my "To Do Before I Die" or my "Who I Want To Be" list, I thought, "What does my list look like for this year or even for the next 12 months." So, I decided to make a list here. Granted this is constantly changing & with my sister getting married this summer & the possibility of me having heart surgery later this year (I'll explain that in a later post), the possibility of me doing many of these things this year is probably pretty slim but I'm going to list them anyway.


1.) Get to my weight loss goal of 150 lbs (30 lbs more to go...totally doable)

2.) Run a 5K (I was supposed to do this in April but then I hyper extended my knee...at least I think that is what happened & getting back to running has been a bit difficult, plus my knee still hurts a bit from time-to-time so I don't want to push it too much. So, I'm thinking sometime this fall or winter)

3.) Participate in a sprint triathlon (Maybe sometime next spring)

4.) Take & pass my CT registry

5.) Take a trip to the UK &/or Ireland (I was planning on taking a trip to AK but since Kim & Jonathan decided to get married & wait until he graduates, that trip is off for now. So, I had been toying with the idea of going to the UK for a couple of weeks but then this bomb of possible heart surgery was dropped on me so who knows now, plus I plan on spending a lot on my sister's wedding ... dresses, parties, presents, etc ... not because I have to but because I want to ... that it may not be financially wise to take such a huge trip right now.)

6.) Go rock climbing (not necessarily on a real rock face. This is totally doable even right now. I have a membership to REI & with that you can climb their indoor rock for free.)

7.) Go white water rafting (This would require a road trip to CO, which I am always up for. This will probably be an alternative to the UK trip if that doesn't seem feasible & will probably go down sometime next summer. Just too cold any other time.)


Anyway, that is what I have for now. Even if I don't do these things this year, that is fine, they'll just be added to the next year's list.

2 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

I have one of those lists too. LOL! It keeps getting longer and longer but i do manage to knock a few off now and then. :) Heres an example:

Go up in a hot air balloon

Tandem jump out of a perfectly good airplane

See and hike in all the national parks and many state parks

Take a cruise

Go to Maine and have a lobster

Write a book

Feel like an artist

Run a couple half marathons regularly

Etc....etc.......etc........ LOL! JInx!

Molly said...

sounds fun... I wanna come on some of those trips! :)