Thursday, July 16, 2009

A reward system I may just try.


Ok, after writing that post this morning & thinking through things & talking to a couple of friends...& buying a new Wal-Mart brand Spanx like thing so I'll feel a little less jiggly in my bridesmaid's dress, I'm feeling a little less depressed & on the verge of tears. Ok, so maybe I was never really on the verge of tears, just dissappointed in myself & wanting to have an out of body experience in which I smack myself upside the back of my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm angry as heck at myself, but there's point in dribbling in a dark corner over my mistakes when there is work to be done.

I've never done the whole reward thing but I'm thinking it may be time for that. I think I talked about this a bit in another post. Anyway, I've decided to give myself a small reward for when loose 5 lbs & a bit bigger of a reward when I get to a 10 lbs loss. Since I'm trying to also live a little more frugally, I'll appreciate each of these prizes more.

For my first 5 lbs reward, I'm thinking about some new underware from Victoria's Secret. My sis got some from them the other day that she really liked them. A bit more expensive than Wal-Mart, nicer too, I'm sure.

For my 10 lbs, like I mentioned in that previous post, I think I'll get the new Sims 3 game. I was going to wait till I got to be under 170 but I think if I can loose 10 lbs in a decent amount of time (aka, by the end of Sept) then I'll be "back in the groove" & I'm afraid I may give in & buy it if it takes too much longer. :)

For my 15 lbs mark (the second 5 lbs), I'm thinking one of these rings. I love almost every one of the ones they offer but these two are my favorite. The first has a portion of Philipians 4:13 on the outside & the reference to the verse on the inside. Philipians 4:13 has been a kind of mantra for me since embarking on this journey. I would chant it over & over to myself when my trainer would want me to lift an impossible weight "just 5 more" times.

The other ring, references Proverbs 31 on the top with the rest of the band made of the letters making up "Woman of God." This ring seems to have more meaning to me now for some spiritual things I am going through. Maybe I'll get one of them at this mark & the other at another point.

I'm not sure what the rest of rewards will be. If I haven't had to purchase a new cell phone by the point I hit the 150's & given it fits into the policy I share with others, I would like to get an iPhone. I will also be needing some new running shoes soon but I'm not sure that would be as much of a reward as much as a necessity...& they're certainly not as fun as a game or something like that.

Anyway, I'm excited to get my new things so I better get cracking. :)

No comments: