Friday, February 26, 2010

Directionless Rambling: Annual Goals: 2010

Ok, how about this? Two posts two days in a row. Wow.

First, I must apologize in advance if there are any huge spelling or grammar mistakes in this post. I had a glass a wine tonight (for a extremely rare drinker, it takes me about 1-2 hrs to drink on glass) with my dinner of popcorn & cookies. Yes, I know, extremely healthy & diet friendly. Give me a break. It's Friday & I'm sitting at home alone with my cat...don't tell me that wouldn't drive you to chocolate & drink too. LOL Also, I just woke up from apparently falling asleep on the couch in my Snuggie (yes, I did finally cave & buy one) at about 9 pm while catching up on blog reading & while watching season 1, episode 12, "The Ball" of Everybody Loves Raymond. So, my brain isn't really functioning at 100% right now. Why in the world I feel like this is the perfect time to blog is beyond me. Probably along the same reasons I suddenly got in the mood to steam mop my bathroom the other night at 11:30 pm as I was getting ready for bed (btw, I like to typically be in bed by 10 pm). I really am starting to feel like an old cat lady now. Yikes.

Anyway, I was about to shut down for the night & saw the title of a post on a blog I follow entitled "Annual Goals." I didn't read the post because it wasn't from a blog that I follow that closely & it was on a topic I'm not hugely interested in at the moment. Anyway, that got me to thinking what my goals are for this year. Now, I have not thought these through one bit so I'm just going to jot down a few here just for "directionless rambling." I'm going to number them but they are in no particular order.

  1. Get married -- ok I know this sounds a little crazy but I thunk it is early enough in the year to say if I met the right guy in the next month or so, it could happen.
  2. If not married, at least a date or two -- It has been a long while since I have been on a real date. It isn't the most confidence building exercise to have a "dry spell" for x number of...ahem...years. (The truth would be too much for many of you to bear.)
  3. Loose weight - I would love to say be at goal weight but I think if I set a smaller goal of say, 20-25 lbs, I would feel better if it doesn't come off as easily or quickly this time. This one I may reassess later...hopefully increase (the amount I want to loose due to incredible sauces, LOL)
  4. Get back into running - While I really don't care for running, I do really want to complete a 5K.
  5. Decorate house - I need to organize my two spare bedrooms & get furniture for them, organize my bedroom, redecorate my master bathroom (still has the funky wall paper & the old people cushy toilet seat from the owners before me...must say, however, I think I have found the attraction to cushy toilet seats...not as cold as the others first thing in the morning. LOL), organize & clean my garage, and I would really like to paint (at least one wall) of my living room & maybe kitchen.
  6. Have a successful garden. - Working on this one. So far, I have garlic, onions, cabbage, spinach, cilantro, & rosemary planted. I had lettuce but the snow killed all but one plant of it & I think the rest of my herbs may have bit it as well. I want to end up having this summer, lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, squash, zucchini, basil, oregano, thyme, savory, marjoram, lavender, parsley, & sage. At least, that is the plan.
  7. Finish the Bible for the first time after starting reading daily (or pretty much daily) almost 3 yrs ago.
  8. Cook more
  9. Keep my house clean more often - I am working on planing out a cleaning schedule. (I'm not sure if having to get a plan made out before tackling an idea or project is an Aries thing or just a Kristy thing...I'd like to go with Kristy thing because I don't like messing with the whole astrology mumbo-jumbo)
  10. Get a gun - living alone can be a bit scary...there are several stories behind this that I will talk about at a later time. Trust me, you'll love them
  11. Write more - This includes writing some articles & getting them published and being more organized & consistent here on this blog.
  12. Rock Band parties - I have Rock Band (video game) parties at my place pretty often but I'm wanting to set up a schedule where we have them at least once a month, so I need to come up with some kind of schedule.
  13. Care less about what others think of me & more about what God thinks of me.
  14. Get organized
  15. Get to know my neighbors
  16. Read Systemic Theology & finish listening to the podcast on it by the author.
  17. Go to some political rallies - I think I may actually go to one tomorrow...all by myself...how's that for asserting my independence? :)
Ok, that's it for right now. I keep falling asleep. I've got to get to bed. I'm sure I'll be adding to this list, daily throughout this year.

No comments: